David C. Main
David C. Main
Partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP's Washington DC office.
- Concentrates on healthcare transactional work, including corporate formations; mergers and acquisitions (and attendant regulatory issues); restructurings and reorganizations; financings; contractual arrangements; regulatory, operational and litigation matters; and health policy and government relations issues
- Experience includes fraud and abuse, state licensure, federal certifications, and other regulatory compliance issues
- Concentrates on the formation and development of health technology and biotech/life sciences companies, as well as product distribution and intellectual property issues for medical devices and information technology companies
- Founder and coordinator of the Healthcare Technology Network of Greater Washington (www.healthtechnet.net)
- Advocates his clients' interests on Capitol Hill and before regulatory bodies, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology(ONC), and certain state health and insurance departments
- Speaker on healthcare issues
- Served on the Secretary of Health and Human Services' Task Force on Health Care Reform. 1982
- Before entering private practice, was counsel to the US Senate Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research, where he worked for Senator Richard Schweiker and David Winston, and focused on health insurance, managed care and hospital-related legislation
- Primary author of the Health Maintenance Organization Act Amendments of 1978
Previous Professional Experience
- Served as chair of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman’s healthcare practice
- Partner, Gardner Carton & Douglas
- Partner, Epstein Becker & Green
- Massachusetts State Senate, Office of Minority Leader
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Harvard Divinity School, M.T.S.